||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Ora-Blend® can be substituted for Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1).
DO NOT use ENTERIC COATED tablets.
Other Auxilary Labels:
- Avoid Sunlight
- Take with plenty of water
- Take with food or milk
|| Amber Glass or Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 91 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Lingertat-Walsh K, Walker SE, Law S, Abesamis M, Sales P. Stability of sulfasalazine oral suspension. Can J Hosp Pharm 2006: 59:194-200.|