||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Dissolve citric acid powder with a small amount of water and add to mortar.
3. Add parabens solution to mortar.
4. Levigate mixture in mortar with simple syrup.
5. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
6. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with water.
7. Transfer to final container and label.
||See recipe for Parabens 10% oral solution.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 14 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Woods DJ. Formulation in pharmacy practice. First edition. Dunedin, New Zealand: HealthCare Otago; 1993.|
Trissel LA. Trissel’s™ Stability of compounded formulations. 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Pharmacists Association; 2009.