||1. Wearing gloves and mask, weigh out riboflavin powder.
2. Levigate powder in mortar with a small quantity of HSC vehicle until a smooth paste is formed.
3. Add more HSC vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour contents into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with HSC vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Riboflavin powder is non formulary.
Refer to Riboflavin powder in AHS Provincial Formulary.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Store at Room Temperature
|Storage/Expiry:||Room Temperature: 30 days|
|Last Date Revised:
||Riboflavin 10 mg/mL oral suspension recipe (last updated April 2007).
Assigned a stability of 30 days at room temperature.
SickKids Compounding Service [online recipes]. Toronto, ON: The Hospital for Sick Children. c1999 – [current date]. Available from: http://www.sickkids.ca/Pharmacy/Compounding-Service/index.html