||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Methylcellulose 1% solution/ Simple Syrup (1:10); can use either Methylcellulose 1% solution (with parabens) or Methylcellulose 1% solution (with sodium benzoate).
THIS FORMULATION IS NOT BASED ON LITERATURE, but is from unpublished data, historical use or physician / pharmacy experience and extrapolated from indicated references.
Nahata et al 2005 reference, tested a 10 mg/mL oral suspension.
||100 mL Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 7 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Nahata MC. Morosco RS. Boster EA. Zaucha JA. Stability of pravastatin in two extemporaneously prepared oral dosage forms stored under refrigeration and at room temperature. ASHP Midyear Clinical meeting 2005; 40:101E.|