||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Ora-Blend® can be used instead of Ora-Plus® / Ora Sweet® (1:1).
||100 mL Amber Plastic Bottle
||Protect From Light|
||Store at Room Temperature
|Storage/Expiry:||Room Temperature: 60 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Chong G, et al. Stability of hydrocortisone in extemporaneously compounded suspensions. Journal of Informed Pharmacotherapy 2003; 13:100-110.|
||Hydrocortisone 1 mg/mL oral suspension recipe (last updated April 2007).
SickKids Compounding Service [online recipes]. Toronto, ON: The Hospital for Sick Children. c1999 – [current date]. Available from: http://www.sickkids.ca/Pharmacy/Compounding-Service/index.html