||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus®/ Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Methylcellulose 1% solution/ Simple Syrup (1:10); can use either Methylcellulose 1% solution (with parabens) or Methylcellulose 1% solution (with sodium benzoate).
||100 mL Amber Plastic Bottle
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 7 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Nahata MC, Morosco RS, Boster EA & Zaucha JA. Stability of pravastatin in two extemporaneously prepared oral dosage forms stored under refrigeration and at room temperature. ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting 2005; 40: 101E|