|| HAZARDOUS - Potential
Refer to the AHS Hazardous Medication Handling Guide for more information.
1. In a mortar, wet tablets and gradually triturate with Ora-PlusŪ to form a smooth paste.
2. Add a portion of the cherry syrup until a liquid is formed.
3. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
4. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with cherry syrup.
5. Transfer to final container and label.
||A commercial 200 mg/mL oral formulation is available. Strength of compounded formulation is different than the commercial preparation.
This strength is non-formulary.
Refer to Mycophenolate suspension in AHS Provincial Formulary.
This recipe should only be prepared when the commercial product is not suitable for the patient.
Please note recipe requires the ready-to-use cherry syrup and NOT the cherry syrup concentrate. If your site uses the concentrate, it MUST be diluted before using in the recipe.
||100 mL Amber Plastic Bottle
||Hazardous medication - use safe handling precautions|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator: 6 months|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:|| AHS Hazardous Medication Handling information available on Insite: http://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/17382.asp|
Venkataramanan R, McCombs JR, et al. Stability of mycophenolate mofetil as an extemporaneous suspension. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 1998; 32:755-757.