||1. Weigh foscarnet crystals.
2. Wet crystals with a small amount of isopropyl alcohol. Using a metal spatula, levigate crystals until they are a fine powder (alcohol will evaporate).
3. Gradually levigate foscarnet powder with PLO gel, using geometric dilutions.
4. Transfer to ointment jar and label.
||See MSDS sheet for foscarnet.
- May cause slight irritation to skin and eyes.
- Use protective gloves and safety glasses.
- Protect exposed skin.
THIS FORMULATION IS NOT BASED ON LITERATURE, but is from unpublished data, historical use or physician/pharmacy experience.
|| Ointment Jar
||For External Use Only|
||Store at Room Temperature
|Storage/Expiry:||Room Temperature: 30 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Personal communication between Dr. J. Rogers, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alberta, and Carol Borynec, Regional Drug Information Pharmacist, Capital Health. Topic: Foscarnet 3% cream. June 22, 1998.|