||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Ora-Blend SF®
- Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet SF® (1:1)
- Cherry Syrup; please note recipe requires the ready-to-use cherry syrup and NOT the cherry syrup concentrate. If your site uses the concentrate, it MUST be diluted before using in the recipe.
Ora-Sweet SF® and Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates less than or equal to 28 days corrected age.
Refrigerated storage is preferred.
Can be packaged in amber glass bottles or polyethylene terephthalate (PET) containers.
||100 mL Amber Glass Bottle
||Protect From Light|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 60 days |
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Formulations: Bethanechol 5-mg/mL oral liquid. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding 2005; 9(6):473.|
Allen LV Jr. Erickson MA III. Stability of bethanechol chloride, pyrazinamide, quinidine sulfate, rifampin and tetracycline hydrochloride in extemporaneously compounded oral iquids. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 1998; 55(17): 1804-1809.