||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed. Stir after each addition.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle. Mix thoroughly.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||If tablets are difficult to crush:
1. Place tablets in mortar and soak in a small amount of water (approximately 5 mL) for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Once tablets are sufficiently softened/dissolved, grind tablets to form a smooth paste.
3. Follow remaining steps in the directions section.
Ora-Blend® can be used instead of Ora-Plus®/ Ora-Sweet® (1:1).
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Protect From Light|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 91 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Ensom MHH, Decarie D, Rudolph S. Stability of Levetiracetam in Extemporaneously Compounded Suspensions. Can J Hosp Pharm 2011;64(3):207-211.|