|| HAZARDOUS - Potential
Refer to the AHS Hazardous Medication Handling Guide for more information.
1. Empty contents of capsules into a mortar and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Prepare citric acid 0.15%/ propylene glycol 1% vehicle (see recipe).
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Phenoxybenzamine is a Health Canada Special Access Product.
||100 mL Amber Glass Bottle
||Hazardous medication - use safe handling precautions|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator: 7 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:|| AHS Hazardous Medication Handling information available on Insite: http://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/17382.asp|
Lim LY, Tan LL, Chan EWY, Yow KL, Chan SY, Ho PCL. Stability of phenoxybenzamine hydrochloride in various vehicles. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 1997; 54:2073-2078.