||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Combine a small amount of sterile water with glycerin.
3. Gradually levigate powder with sterile water/ glycerin mixture to form a liquid.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with water. Mix well.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||This recipe is preferred for neonates less than or equal to 28 days corrected age.
||100 mL Amber Plastic Bottle
||Protect From Light|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator: 21 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Fawcett J, Woods D, Ferry D, Boulton D. Stability of amiloride hydrochloride oral liquids prepared from tablets and powder. Aus J Hosp Pharm 1995; 25:19-23.|
Nahata MC, Pai VB, Hipple TF. Pediatric drug formulations. 5th ed. Cincinnati, OH: Harvey Whitney Books Company; 2003.