|| HAZARDOUS - Reproductive
Refer to the AHS Hazardous Medication Handling Guide for more information.
1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||To be prepared ONLY in the event that the commercial product is NOT available or unsuitable.
May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Water / Ora-Plus® (1:3)
Stable at room temperature or refrigerated, but storage in refrigerated conditions preferred.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Hazardous medication - use safe handling precautions|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 30 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:|| AHS Hazardous Medication Handling information available on Insite: http://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/17382.asp|
Nguyen KQ. Hawkins MG. Taylor IT. Wiebe VJ. Tell LA. Stability and uniformity of extemporaneous preparations of voriconazole in two liquid suspension vehicles at two storage temperatures. American Journal of Veterinary Research 2009; 70 (7) 908-914.
Nahata MC, Pai VB. Pediatric drug formulations. 6th ed. Cincinnati, Ohio: Harvey Whitney Books Company; 2011.