||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Clozapine tablets are Formulary Restricted.
Refer to Clozapine tablets in AHS Provincial Formulary.
May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Ora Plus®
- Ora Sweet®
- HSC Suspending Vehicle
- Simple Syrup
Ensure suspension is prepared using the same brand of clozapine tablets that the patient has been prescribed. Brands are not interchangeable.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Store at Room Temperature
|Storage/Expiry:||Room Temperature: 63 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Walker SE, Baker D & Law S. Stability of clozapine stored in oral suspension vehicles at room temperature. Can J Hosp Pharm 2005; 58(5):279-284.|
Formulations: Clozapine 20-mg/mL oral suspension. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding 2010; 14(3):243.