|| HAZARDOUS - Potential
Refer to the AHS Hazardous Medication Handling Guide for more information.
1. In a mortar, soak tablets in water until crushable.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually add vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with Ora-Blend®.
Using Aldactone® Pfizer brand tablets makes the suspension taste better
|| Amber Glass Bottle
||Hazardous medication - use safe handling precautions|
||Store at Room Temperature
|Storage/Expiry:||Room Temperature: 60 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:|| AHS Hazardous Medication Handling information available on Insite: http://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/17382.asp|
SickKids Compounding Service [online recipes]. Toronto, ON: The Hospital for Sick Children. c1999 – [current date]. Available from: http://www.sickkids.ca/Pharmacy/Compounding-Service/index.html