||1. In a mortar, triturate diazoxide to a fine and homogeneous powder.
2. Levigate powder with glycerin.
3. Gradually add Medisca Oral Mix vehicle until a uniform liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse the mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle. Mix well.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Alternate Vehicle: Medisca Oral Mix SF (Sugar-free Flavored Vehicle)
Medisca Oral Mix SF vehicle should not be used in neonates less than or equal to 28 days corrected age.
||(PET bottles or plastic syringes) Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 90 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||1. Medisca Network Inc Formulation Chemistry Department –Diazoxide 10 mg/mL oral liquid. Recipe emailed by Medisca Technical Support Services to AHS Drug Information on June 2, 2016.|
2. Friciu M, et al. Stability of diazoxide in extemporaneously compounded oral suspensions. PLoS ONE 11 (10): October 2016