||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Add approximately 10 mL of vehicle and mix to a uniform paste.
3. Gradually levigate with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder. Mix well.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||Note: The 5 mg tablets were used in the original reference/study and can also be used to prepare the recipe.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 90 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Friciu F, et al. Stability of prednisone in Oral Mix suspending vehicle. IJPC July/Aug 2015; 19(4): 337-339. |
Medisca Network Inc. Technical Support Services Formulation Chemistry Department. Prednisone 5 mg/mL oral liquid/ suspension recipe - Dec 7, 2015. Recipe on file with AHS Drug Information - May 2018.
IWK Health Center Compounding Formula Website - Prednisone oral suspension 5 mg/mL (June 2017)