||1. In a mortar, crush tablet and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
3. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
4. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
5. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet SF® (1:1)
- Ora-Blend SF®
- Cherry Syrup; please note recipe requires the ready-to-use cherry syrup and NOT the cherry syrup concentrate. If your site uses the concentrate, it MUST be diluted before using in the recipe.
Ora-Sweet SF® and Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates less than or equal to 28 days corrected age.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
||Protect From Light
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 4 weeks (with Cherry Syrup)|
||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 91 days (for all vehicles except Cherry Syrup)
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Nahata MC, Morosco RS, Hipple TF. Stability of lamotrigine in two extemporaneously prepared oral suspensions at 4 and 25°C. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 1999 (Feb 1); 56:240-242.|