||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Levigate powder with water to make a paste.
3. Gradually mix in HSC vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with HSC vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||See recipe for HSC Suspending Vehicle.
THIS FORMULATION IS NOT BASED ON LITERATURE, but is from unpublished data, historical use, or physician/pharmacy experience.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator: 14 days|
|Last Date Revised:
McCrea J, Rappaport P, Stansfield S, Baker D, Dupuis LL. James G., Extemporaneous oral liquid dosage preparations. 1st ed. Toronto, ON: Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists; 1988.