||1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Levigate powder with water to make a smooth paste.
3. Add citric acid and mix well.
4. Gradually add simple syrup until a liquid is formed.
5. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
6. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with simple syrup.
7. Transfer to final container and label.
||See recipe for Citric Acid 25% oral solution.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator: 45 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:||Foldvari M, Oguejiofor C. Antihypertensive formulations. Hosp Pharm Pract 1995 (May/June):13-14.|
||Propranolol 1 mg/mL oral suspension recipe (last updated April 2007).
SickKids Compounding Service [online recipes]. Toronto, ON: The Hospital for Sick Children. c1999 – [current date]. Available from: http://www.sickkids.ca/Pharmacy/Compounding-Service/index.html