|| HAZARDOUS - Potential
Refer to the AHS Hazardous Medication Handling Guide for more information.
1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus and Ora-Sweet together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Methylcellulose 1% (preserved with parabens)/ Simple Syrup (1:1)
Refrigerated storage is preferred.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
||Hazardous medication - use safe handling precautions
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator: 91 days|
||Room Temperature: 70 days
|Last Date Revised:
|References:|| AHS Hazardous Medication Handling information available on Insite: http://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/17382.asp|
Nahata MC, Morosco RS.Trowbridge JM. Stability of propylthiouracil in extemporaneously prepared oral suspensions at 4°C and 25°C. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2000; 57:1141-1143.
Nahata MC, Pai VB, Hipple TF. Pediatric drug formulations. 5th ed. Cincinnati, OH: Harvey Whitney Books Company; 2003.