|| HAZARDOUS - Potential
Refer to the AHS Hazardous Medication Handling Guide for more information.
1. In a mortar, crush tablets and triturate to a fine powder.
2. Mix Ora-Plus® and Ora-Sweet® together (1:1) to make vehicle.
3. Gradually levigate powder with vehicle until a liquid is formed.
4. Pour into a graduated cylinder.
5. Rinse mortar and qs to final volume with vehicle.
6. Transfer to final container and label.
||May substitute Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet® (1:1) with any of the following vehicles:
- Ora-Plus® / Ora-Sweet SF® (1:1)
- Ora-Blend SF®
- Cherry Syrup; please note recipe requires the ready-to-use cherry syrup and NOT the cherry syrup concentrate. If your site uses the concentrate, it MUST be diluted before using in the recipe.
Ora-Sweet SF® and Ora-Blend SF® should not be used in neonates less than or equal to 28 days corrected age.
|| Amber Plastic Bottle
||Can be stored at room temperature or refrigerated|
||Hazardous medication - use safe handling precautions
|Storage/Expiry:||Refrigerator or Room Temperature: 60 days|
|Last Date Revised:
|References:|| AHS Hazardous Medication Handling information available on Insite: http://insite.albertahealthservices.ca/17382.asp|
Allen LV, Erickson MA. Stability of ketoconazole, metolazone, metronidazole, procainamide hydrochloride, and spironolactone in extemporaneously compounded oral liquids. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 1996; 53(17):2073-2078.
Nahata MC, Pai VB, Hipple TF. Pediatric drug formulations. 5th ed. Cincinnati, OH: Harvey Whitney Books Company; 2003.